Monday, June 16, 2014

YOUTUBE | Outfits for Spring Episode 2: A Style Guide for Mother's Day

Hello hello! So I started a series on my YouTube channel a few weeks ago focusing on spring fashion. Here's the behind-the-scenes styling log for episode 2. Enjoy! 




This episode is dedicated to this year's Mother's day. Moms are probably the most hardworking and caring people in this world. To show my gratitude to my mom, I decided to style two outfits using her wardrobe. Remember how we used to be so eager to wear our moms' clothes? Well that hasn't changed! It's always a pleasant surprise when I raid my mom's closet. 


Items used that do not belong to my mom will be listed below. 



Outfit #1 is a day time one. I paired a v-neck knit crop-top with a long maxi. The skirt was meant to be worn at the hips but I chose to wear it at the waist to give it a more modern twist. I added the belt for a more formfitting look. As for the shoes, I went with a pair of combat boots to tone down the femininity of the look and make it more of my own style. 


On the contrary, outfit #2 is more appropriate for a night time look. In this outfit, I chose a black & white cross-knitted top and tucked it into a body conscious pencil skirt. The tightness of the skirt glams the entire outfit up and makes the knitted top less casual. I also added a scarf, which doubles as a shawl, to tie the whole look together as well as to keep me warm at night. The heels, might I add were very comfortable, added some extra height; and the silver metallic piece at the tip is great for a night out either celebrating the holiday with your mom or going out with your friends.


Last but not least, I hope you enjoyed the video and don't forget to wish your mom a Happy Mother's Day! 


Not from my mom's closet:

1. Straw fedora
2. Belt
3. Pinky ring
4. Pencil skirt

Looking for more outfit inspirations for the nice spring weather? Stay tuned for more episodes of the "Outfits for Spring" series!


You can check out my videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/mishywishy00/featured


Michelle, xx

Find me here!

YouTubeyoutube.com/user/mishywishy00
Instagramhttp://instagram.com/michelleguuu
Tumblrhttp://vvildflowher.tumblr.com/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/heymishhh
Pinterest: pinterest.com/missnotdior

No comments:

Post a Comment